Creepy title…. I don’t actually collect musicians… I just have been slowly accumulating a band for the past 6 months and now IT.IS.COMPLETE. (Dramatic drumroll)
The members are as follow
- Me (Sophie Janes) – Singer, pianist, untrained but passionate and sees colours when creating songs…. (basically the crazy one in the middle of the stage telling you she’s about to sing the purply blue song…. )
- Ellie Verkerk – MD (Musical Director) , pianist, trumpet player, singer… .(You know what… I think she actually plays everything ((because she’s magical)) so if it’s an instrument, assume Ellie can play it).
- Cai Marle-Garcia – Bass player, pianist, singer and very stylish beard owner as well as having perfect pitch…. apparently you CAN have it all. Jammy bugger. (Not bitter at all…… wish I could grow a beard like that)
- Holly Mallet – yes, that IS her real name – Drummer, pianist, singer and AN ACTRESS – Basically she’s PRETTY GOD DAMN COOL!
- Greg Harradine – Guitarist, pianist and badass composer – he’s won AWARDS AND EVERYTHING!
- The Bergersen Quartet – STRINGS – (DUH) These four are some seriously accomplished players, they have recorded and played in every major venue and recording studio in London and their luscious rich sound will make you cry or sleep or have an eargasm.
I am so so SO excited to have not only a band, but a band FULL of the sweetest and most talented, adorable humans. I am so humbled that they want to join me on my musical adventure into the unknown, and am so looking forward to playing with them and hearing my songs being beaten, twanged, tinkled, thumped, plucked, strummed and hummed by them. BRING ON MAY 7TH! (First EVER gig with them) (exciting) (SO many brackets omg) (kay enough now) (bye)